The point of sale solution from the company that believes in your business.
Streamline your retail business operation with the quality and support of Intuit QuickBooks.
Accept credit card payments
Your customers can pay with credit cards, debit cards, cash, and more.
Ring sales with an optional barcode scanner, a Microsoft Surface® Pro 4, or just manually enter item names or numbers.
Easily track inventory
Inventory is updated with every sale, order and return. See what’s selling and what’s not with detailed sales and inventory reports. Know exactly what to reorder and when.
Track and reward customers
ee customer history like balance due, available credit and special offers with every transaction. Reward your best customers with a loyalty program tracked in your POS system.
Sync with QuickBooks
Reconcile sales, payments, cost of goods sold and accounting with a click. Save time and reduce errors by eliminating double data entry.
Modernize with a Microsoft Surface® Pro
With new Microsoft Surface® Pro compatibility, you can save counter space while ringing up sales or checking inventory from anywhere in your store.
Desktop System Requirements
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and SP2
- At least 4GB of RAM (6-8 GB recommended) for a single workstation installation.
- 1 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files).
- Single user: 2.0 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended).
- Multiple users: 2.8 GHz processor (3.5 GHz recommended).
- Display: Optimized for 1280×768 screen resolution or higher.
- 4X DVD ROM drive required for DVD installations (unless user is downloading QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale from Intuit Server).
Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires:
Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016, or Office 365.
Multi-core processor and 8 GB of RAM are recommended for better performance on the Point of Sale server workstation. In a multi-user configuration, each workstation concurrently running Point of Sale must have a separately purchased user license, and every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version and level.
QuickBooks Desktop Compatibility:
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Enterprise Solutions Versions 16.0, 17.0 and 18.0.
QuickBooks Payment Account: (sold separately)
Optional fee-based service, additional terms and conditions apply.
Requires a QuickBooks Payments account through Intuit Payment Solutions. Application approval and fees apply.
PIN pad required for credit and debit transactions, sold separately.
Internet connection required.
Products have been tested with the following software:
- McAfee Internet Security Suite.
- Symantec Norton® Internet Security Suite.
Note: Some configurations may require that you adjust settings in firewall and anti-virus products to ensure the best possible performance with Point of Sale.
System Configuration Notes:
Disk space requirements do not include company data files. If your company data file is very large or includes item pictures you may need more disk space.
In order to run several applications simultaneously, your system should have a multi-core processor and at least 4GB of RAM. Point of sale will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors running Windows. However, not all hardware devices will install and operate on 64-bit operating systems. We recommend that you contact the device manufacturers for more information about installing their hardware devices on 64-bit operating systems.